supply of satellite remote sensing data and associated services in support to checks within the common agricultural policy (CAP) — 2 lots
The call for tender is divided into 2 lots:
lot 1: very high resolution (VHR) sensor-independent ‘profile'
lot 2: high resolution (HR) sensor-independent ‘profile'.
Each lot will result in 1 framework contract (FC) enabling the supply of satellite imagery.
The supplier will be requested to provide satellite imagery, manage the scheduling of image acquisition, and ensure timely delivery.
Images to be purchased will be defined through sensor-independent ‘profiles'. These VHR and HR image ‘profiles' will define clear specification parameters necessary for control with remote sensing (CwRS) and land parcel identification system (LPIS) quality assessment of the common agricultural policy (CAP), which will be the main use of these images. After receiving the control zone 'areas of interest' (AOIs) and window requests of the Member States (MSs) and subsequent authorisation by the JRC, the contractor shall manage all activities from the planning/scheduling of the image acquisition through to the final image delivery. The activities shall include the tasks on the following non-exhaustive list:
— technical feasibility assessment to define best image acquisition success probability over a specific control zone in a specific temporal window,
— liaison with stakeholders (e.g. the JRC, the EC services, the MS administrations and/or their contractors appointed for the purpose, and the image providers, etc.) by restricted Web-based informatics applications,
— finalisation of optimum acquisition scenario,
— data acquisition, image validation,
— quality control (QC), delivery of data,
— data archive upload, and reporting.
It is estimated that the start date of the contract will be autumn 2013, in order to start management of the image acquisition for the autumn (2013) windows as part of the 2014 year CAP checks campaign.
Restricted Call Public
IES - JRC.H.6
Business sector (CPV)
- 35631100: Communication satellites
- 35631200: Observation satellites
- 32531000: Satellite communications equipment
- 32533000: Satellite earth stations
- 32534000: Satellite platforms
Prior information notice
2012/S 119-195887 (23.06.2012)
2012/S 188-308616 (29.9.12)
2012/S 212-348572 (3.11.12)
2012/S 222-365197 (17.11.12)
Legal Entity Form
Financial Identification Form
Before the final date for submission of tenders:
- At the request of the tenderer, the contracting authority may provide additional information solely for the purpose of clarifying the nature of the contract.
- Any requests for additional information must be made in writing only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for additional information received less than five working days before the closing date for submission of tenders will not be processed (for practical reasons).
- The Commission may, on its own initiative, inform interested parties of any error, inaccuracy, omission or any other clerical error in the text of the call for tenders.
- Any additional information including that referred to above will be made available on this site (tenderers who have requested the specification) (candidates invited to tender).
- If clarification is required or if obvious clerical errors in the tender need to be corrected, the contracting authority may contact the tenderer provided the terms of the tender are not modified as a result.
- In case of negotiated procedure, the contracting authority may negotiate with tenderers the offers they have submitted, in order to adapt them to the requirements set out in the contract notice, tender specifications or any additional document and in order to find the tender offering best value for money. During negotiations equal treatment of all tenderers will be ensured.