I-Ispra: construction of an interim storage facility for conditioned waste packages, at the JRC Ispra site
JRC-Ispra has started a decommissioning programme, lasting many years, concerning the old nuclear installations of the Ispra Centre used in the past for research purposes. In the frame of this programme, JRC-Ispra has decided to build an interim storage facility (ISF) to host all low-level conditioned waste that will be produced during programme implementation. The object of the contract is the construction of a building (the ISF), in prefabricated reinforced concrete, with a covered surface of about 5 400 m 2 and a capacity of about 44 000 m 3.
The scope of the work will be:
development of the executive design of all the works (included the building's systems), carry-out land preparation works,
supply and installation of all systems needed for operation, and
the supply of waste package handling tools needed for ISF operation (2 electrically-powered 16 T forklift trucks).
Works will include the final arrangement of all areas involved in the works (about 27 000 m 2) with a series of mounds surrounding the building, access route, external systems and a reinforced fence.
In the contract scope of work the functional tests concerning waste packages handling inside the storage are included.
Works will be subject to the surveillance of the relevant Italian authority for the control of construction of installations related to use and/or storage of radioactive materials (Istituto Superiore per la Protezione e la Ricerca Ambientale — Ispra).
Works execution shall comply with Italian legislation concerning the safety of workers (Italian law 9-4-2008 N.81).
Restricted Call Public
Business sector (CPV)
- 45213200: Construction work for warehouses and industrial buildings
Legal Entity Form
Financial Identification Form
Before the final date for submission of tenders:
- At the request of the tenderer, the contracting authority may provide additional information solely for the purpose of clarifying the nature of the contract.
- Any requests for additional information must be made in writing only to email@example.com. Requests for additional information received less than five working days before the closing date for submission of tenders will not be processed (for practical reasons).
- The Commission may, on its own initiative, inform interested parties of any error, inaccuracy, omission or any other clerical error in the text of the call for tenders.
- Any additional information including that referred to above will be made available on this site (tenderers who have requested the specification) (candidates invited to tender).
- If clarification is required or if obvious clerical errors in the tender need to be corrected, the contracting authority may contact the tenderer provided the terms of the tender are not modified as a result.
- In case of negotiated procedure, the contracting authority may negotiate with tenderers the offers they have submitted, in order to adapt them to the requirements set out in the contract notice, tender specifications or any additional document and in order to find the tender offering best value for money. During negotiations equal treatment of all tenderers will be ensured.